- Wireless Streaming
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Steering Wheel Controls and Voice Activation
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Front Windshield -inc: Sun Visor Strip
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Colored Grille
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Convex Spotter, Manual Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Tires: P225/60R17
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper, Heated Wiper Park and Defroster
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Steel Spare Wheel
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts
- Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Urethane Gear Shift Knob
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Selective Service Internet Access
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Trip Computer
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Valet Function
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Remote Releases -Inc: Mechanical Fuel
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Front Map Lights
- 2-Way Power Passenger Seat -inc: Power Cushion Tilt
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage and 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Leather Seat Trim
- Rear Cupholder
- Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic w/SHIFTRONIC -inc: drive mode select
- SACHS Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- GVWR: 4586 lbs
- Axle Ratio: 3.51
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 68-Amp/Hr Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode
- 16.4 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Engine: 2.0L DOHC 16V I4 w/CVVT MPI
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- and Rear Cross Traffic Alert Rear Collision
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Blue Link Emergency S.O.S
- Side Impact Beams
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
The Tucson follows Hyundai's Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 design theme, with sculpted lines and a striking athletic presence. Up front is a hexagonal grille with high-efficiency LED projector headlights, LED accent lights and LED daytime running lights. The rear features a Z-shaped character line to complete an aggressive profile, while the rear end is accented with LED taillights. Twin bevel-cut exhaust tips and a rear spoiler complete the look.
The Tucson is also larger overall than the model it replaces, which equates to more interior space. Cargo room is up from 25.7 to 31.0 cubic feet and features a dual-level rear cargo area for greater versatility. And with 60/40 split-fold rear seatbacks -- and rear seats with up to 37 degrees of recline -- ease of use has never been greater.
Four trims are offered on the 2017 Tucson: SE, Eco, Sport and Limited. The SE is powered by a direct-injected 2.0L four that makes 164 horsepower and 151 pound-feet of torque. It is mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC manual shifting mode, which includes an overdrive lock-up torque converter for increased fuel economy at cruising speeds. The 2.0 is EPA-rated at 26 mpg combined.
Eco, Sport and Limited models are powered by a direct-injected 1.6L turbocharged four with 175 horsepower and 195 pound-feet of torque. Peak torque comes on as low as 1,500 rpm for excellent responsiveness. This engine is paired with a 7-speed EcoShift dual-clutch transmission, and on front-wheel-drive Eco models, the powertrain returns an EPA-estimated 29 mpg combined. Front-wheel drive is standard on all Tucson trims, while all-wheel drive is available.
SE models are equipped with 17-inch alloy wheels, air conditioning, a 5-inch color touchscreen audio system, a rearview camera, a 6-way adjustable driver's seat and a tilt/telescopic steering wheel.
In addition to the 1.6L turbo, the Eco features upgraded front and rear fascias, integrated turn indicators in the side mirrors, LED daytime running lights and halogen fog lights and metal-look side sills. Inside, there's a power driver's seat with power lumbar support and auto up/down driver's window.
Stepping up to the Tucson Sport yields 19-inch alloy wheels, illuminated outside front door handles, a hands-free power liftgate, heated front seats, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob and push-button start. Standard advanced safety features include blind spot detection, rear cross-traffic alert and lane change assist.
Finally, the Tucson Limited comes standard with LED headlights and taillights, with a chrome grill and door handles. Also included is a leather interior with powered passenger seat, an 8-inch touchscreen navigation system with premium 8-speaker audio, dual automatic climate control, an upgraded instrument panel, Blue Link Telematics and an auto-dimming rearview mirror and compass.
Two packages are available for the Tucson SE. The Preferred Package features LED running lights and halogen fog lights, roof rails and premium side sills, auto up/down windows and illuminated vanity mirrors. To the above, the Popular Equipment Package adds a power driver's seat and power lumbar support. For the Limited, the Ultimate Package includes HID headlights with Dynamic Bending Lighting, lane departure warning, a panoramic sunroof, LED map lights, ventilated front and heated rear seats, and a 4.2-inch LCD electroluminescent gauge cluster.
Standard safety features across the Tucson range include a tire pressure monitor, stability and traction control, anti-lock brakes with brake assist and a host of front, rear and side airbags.
After a complete redesign last year, the Tucson returns for 2017 mostly unchanged. Interior materials have been improved throughout the model range for this year, while the premium 315-watt Infinity sound system is improved through new features, offering excellent sound quality.