- In-glass diversity radio antenna
- AM/FM stereo w/CD player -inc: (6) speakers, auxiliary input
- Halogen headlights
- P215/60R16 all-season tires
- Body color door handles
- 16 x 7.0 steel wheels w/full wheel covers
- UV reducing glass w/dark upper windshield band
- Full size trunk lid trim
- Flat blade speed-sensitive variable intermittent windshield wipers w/mist function
- Bright side-window molding
- Body color bumpers
- Compact spare tire
- Body color pwr mirrors
- Intelligent Key system
- Retained accessory pwr
- Driver/front passenger seat back pockets
- Rear seat heater vents
- Pwr windows w/driver side auto up/down & auto-reverse
- Trip computer w/outside temp gauge
- Speedometer, tachometer, coolant temp & fuel gauges
- Floor & trunk carpeting
- Vehicle info display
- Tilt & telescopic steering column w/mounted cruise controls
- Driver footrest finisher
- Driver/passenger seat belt warning chime/light
- Front console w/integral armrest, storage compartments
- Interior courtesy lamps -inc: glove box, trunk
- Rear coat hook
- Rear window defroster w/timer
- Front map lights, rear reading lights
- Push-button ignition
- Front/rear assist grips
- Contoured reclining front bucket seats w/adjustable head restraints
- Remote hood & fuel-filler door releases
- Dual cup holders in rear center armrest
- Lockable glove compartment w/13 liter storage capacity
- Warning lights -inc: door ajar, low fuel, low washer fluid
- Vehicle security system
- Velour seat trim
- Dual sunvisors w/vanity mirrors
- 60/40 split-folding rear seat w/lock
- Coin holder
- Vehicle immobilizer system
- Overhead console w/sunglass holder
- Air conditioning w/micro filter ventilation
- Front/rear doors w/bottle holders/map pockets
- Dual 12V DC pwr points
- Triple bottle holders in center console
- Pwr door locks w/driver & passenger door lock switches, auto-lock feature
- Pwr remote trunk release w/cancel switch
- Chrome interior door handles
- Battery saver
- Pwr front vented & rear solid disc brakes
- Engine cover
- Xtronic continuously variable transmission (CVT) w/manual shift mode
- Independent front strut suspension
- 2.5L DOHC 16-valve I4 engine
- Electric pwr vehicle speed-sensitive rack & pinion steering
- Dual chrome-tipped exhaust finishers
- Independent multi-link rear suspension
- Front wheel drive
- Zone body construction
- 2.5 mph energy absorbing front/rear bumpers
- Anti-lock braking system
- Front seat belts w/pretensioners, load limiters, adjustable upper anchors, seat belt sensors
- Child restraint upper anchors
- Front/rear roof mounted side curtain airbags
- Shift interlock
- ALR/ELR seat belt system for passenger seating positions
- Driver & passenger supplemental dual-stage front airbags w/occupant classification sensor
- Front seat active head restraints
- ELR seat belt system for driver seating position
- Dual note horn
- Front & rear crumple zones
- Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)
- Front side-impact airbags
- Child safety rear door locks
- Emergency inside trunk release
- 3-point seat belts in all seating positions
- Side-door guard beams
- Lower anchors & tethers for children (LATCH)
- Vehicle dynamic control
- Traction control system (TCS)
- Energy absorbing steering column
The Nissan Altima model line includes coupes and sedans, powered by 4-cylinder and V6 engines, all with front-wheel drive. There's also a Nissan Altima Hybrid--available in select markets--that includes a 4-cylinder engine and full hybrid system.
SR models replaces last year's SE offerings at the top, so the Altima line now includes S and SR trims for both sedans and coupes; there's also a separate price-leader Base version of the sedan, priced at less than $20,000. Models with the 175-horsepower, 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine can have either a 6-speed manual transmission or continuously variable (CVT) automatic, while the 270-hp, 3.5-liter V6 is offered only with the CVT in sedans but with either the CVT or a 6-speed manual in coupes.
No matter which model, the Altima feels sportier than most rival models. Well-bolstered sport seats and more of a cockpit-style interior also distinguish the cabin feel. With revised trims for 2010, the interior has more soft-touch materials and chrome accents. A revised 'blonde' interior theme is available on the coupe, and the new red-leather interior is especially distinctive. On the outside, all Altimas get dual exhausts for a sporty look, while Altima Hybrids, SR sedans and all coupes come with sportier alloy wheels.
In either case the Altima handles very well thanks to speed-sensitive power rack-and-pinion steering and a suspension that's tuned on the firm side yet compliant enough for most surfaces. V6 models get sportier suspension tuning, with thicker front and rear stabilizers to help get the most out of the additional power, while all models get 4-wheel anti-lock disc brakes.
As a coupe, the Altima is somewhat more nimble, because it has a shorter wheelbase than the sedan and has a bit less back-seat space as well. Trunk size is quite a bit smaller in coupe models, but both have a split-folding back seat to expand cargo space for larger items.
The Altima Hybrid employs a full hybrid system that combines the 2.5-liter engine with an electric-drive motor/generator system and an electronically controlled CVT. Altogether, the powertrain produces 198 horsepower and gets EPA ratings of 35 mpg city, 33 highway; for 4-cylinder models with the CVT, the ratings are 23/31.
Base-model Altima sedans come with a surprisingly level of equipment, including air conditioning, power locks and windows, a trip computer, cruise control, tilt/telescopic steering, and rear-seat heated vents. S models include a 6-speaker sound system, Intelligent Key entry and ignition system, and variable intermittent wipers. At the top of the line, SR models get fog lamps, power heated mirrors with integral turn signals, wood-tone and leather interior trims, a power driver's seat, a moonroof (optional in the sedan), and upgraded 18-inch alloy wheels. Safety is strongly represented now, too, with electronic stability control now standard, in addition to a full roster of airbags.
The star of the Altima's options list is a new Nissan Hard Drive Navigation System, which includes XM NavTraffic and NavWeather with dynamic rerouting; a Zagat restaurant guide; Bluetooth Streaming Audio: a DVD player: an RCA input; and 9.3 GB of hard-drive capacity for music storage. Also newly available is a premium audio package with 9-speaker Bose system plus a color display, USB and iPod connectivity and a Bluetooth hands-free calling system.
The Altima gets a thorough refresh of the model lineup for 2010, including a restyled hood, grille and front bumper, different wheel designs and reconfigured interior trims, colors and materials.
Entertainment and technology options have been significantly upgraded in the Altima this year, with new premium audio packages that include a 9-speaker Bose audio system, a Bluetooth hands-free calling interface, a USB port and iPod connectivity, a color display screen and a rearview monitor. Also, a new navigation system includes a larger screen, a 9.3-gigabyte Music Box hard-drive for music storage, Bluetooth Streaming Audio, DVD playback, and XM NavTraffic and NavWeather capabilities.
Also for 2010, electronic stability control is now standard across the entire model line, and the top-of-the-line 3.5 SE model of the Altima now gets the 3.5 SR badge instead.
Three new exterior colors are offered on the Altima for 2010: Crimson Black, Navy Blue, and Ocean Gray. Gauge illumination has been changed from red to white, while a red-leather interior is offered for the first time on the coupe.